Welcome to Blomberg. This privacy notice describes how we collect, use, and share your personal data, both online during your use of Blomberg (“the Site”) and offline.
We recommend that you read this privacy notice in full to ensure you are fully informed. However, if you only want to access a particular section of this notice, then you can click on the heading below to access the information for that topic.
Please note that our products and services are aimed at those aged 16 and over.
Who we are?
When we refer to “Blomberg”, “we” or “us”, we are referring to Beko plc and its affiliated companies involved in the processing of your personal data. We are also a member of the Arçelik Group. More information about the Arçelik Group can be found on Arçelik’s website here.
How to contact us?
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you create an account with us.
- When you enter competitions or promotions.
- When you choose to participate in any surveys we send to you.
- When you contact us with queries or complaints.
- When you visit our Sites and use your account to buy products and services. When you visit our Sites, we also capture information automatically through cookies and similar technologies. You can manage these when you visit our Sites. See our Cookie Notice for further information.
- When you contact us for after-sales services, such as service intervention or product replacements.
- When you purchase a repair and care plan policy or extended warranty, we will collect personal data to pass it on to our business partners in order to manage your policy.
- When you engage with us on social media – e.g. where you submit a comment or query on one of our social media pages.
- When you have given someone else permission to share with us the information, they hold about you. For example, if you purchase our products via third-party retailers or you have consented to third-party advertising or analytics cookies.
- When you fill in any forms, such as when you register your appliance with us to activate the product guarantee.
- We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for various purposes. “Aggregated data” refers to information that could be derived from your Personal Data but that will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity, e.g. aggregated data relating to all of our website visitors.
If you provide us with personal data of third parties (such as the situation when you make a complaint regarding the product of a family member), you must ensure that you notify the relevant third party before sharing their personal data with us by showing them this privacy notice, explaining that their personal data will be processed in accordance with this privacy notice and obtaining their consent, where appropriate.
What types of personal data do we collect?
Where we talk about “personal data” in this privacy notice, this means any information that may be used alone or in combination with other information to identify you.
The types of information we collect are set out below:
- If you purchase a product from us or you have an online account with us, we may collect the following information: your name, gender, billing/delivery address, telephone number, e-mail address, username, payment information (including card details).
- Details of your marketing preferences, including whether you are happy for us to share your details with any third-party partners.
- Details of your interactions with us when you contact us via our call centres, online, or otherwise.
For example, where you call our call centres we may collect marketing information (such as information about your habits / preferences / behaviour, and other information noted from our conversations with you), details of any complaints or comments you make, details of purchases you have made and any products which require servicing (including product code, defects found, repairs, retailer, and cost of extended warranties), and information about your personal circumstances which are relevant to our provision of services. If you are calling to request a product replacement, we may also process your payment information. Please remember that calls to our call centres may be recorded for quality control purposes.
- Details of your purchase history, including the model and serial number of purchased products, retailers (where you did not buy a product directly from us), and date of purchase. We will also collect the contact details referred to above where you register your product for our guarantee.
- Payment card information.
- Details of your interactions with us through our social media pages. For example, where you enquire about our products or submit other comments on our Facebook wall, we may collect that comment and any personal data contained in that comment (e.g. your social media username and any other profile data associated with the comment).
- Copies of documents you provide to us to prove your age or identity where the law requires this. For example, if you send us a request relating to your personal data, we may need further information to verify your identity. We will therefore process personal data contained in the identity documents you choose to provide us with.
- Information we collect through cookies and similar technologies. Data we collect automatically includes the type of web browser or mobile device, your operating system, your IP address, the URL of the landing page and the referring website, the time and date of your visit to the Sites, and the search terms used by you to reach the Sites. For more information, please see our Cookie Notice.
- There may be circumstances where we need to process more sensitive information about you, which is known as ‘special categories of personal data’. For example, we may collect certain details about your health (for example, vision or hearing impairment) when we book product repairs for you, if you consider that our engineers may need this information when they visit you to carry out the repairs.
What lawful bases do we rely on for processing your personal data?
There are several different reasons under data protection law for which we may collect and process your personal data. These include:
- Consent. This is where you have given us your consent to collect and process your data for a specified purpose. For example, where you tick a box to subscribe to our e-mail newsletter.
- Performing contractual obligations. In some circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, if you buy an appliance through our Sites, we will collect your address details to send you the product.
- Complying with a legal obligation. If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your personal data. For example, to provide you with a warranty for a product you have purchased.
- Legitimate interests. We may process your personal data where it is necessary for our legitimate interests as a company, where this does not override your data protection interests and fundamental rights. For example, we will use your data when you contact us in order respond to your queries, product-related requests (including product repairs, reworks, recalls / replacements, or refund requests), and complaints.
How and why we use your personal data
This section tells you how and why we will use your personal data and explains the lawful basis we rely on in each case. Please remember that if you choose not to share your personal data with us, we may not be able to provide the services or products you have requested.
Where applicable, we process your personal data for the following purposes on the basis of our contractual obligations to you:
- To create and administer your online account with us.
- To process any orders that you make by using our Sites, over the phone, or via third-party retailers. Please note that your details may need to be passed to another company to deliver the product or service that you ordered.
- To provide after-sales services, including booking and performing product repairs or returns, processing refunds, sending spare parts and accessories, and providing a warranty for products you have purchased.
- To administer any of the competitions or promotions which you have entered which are promoted by us and / or our business partners.
Where applicable, we process your personal data for the following purposes on the basis of your consent.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data to keep you informed about our products and services by email or telephone. You are free to opt out of receiving marketing from us through any of these channels at any time.
- With your consent, to share your personal data with our third-party affiliates and partners where you have opted in to receiving marketing communications from them.
- With your explicit consent, to process special categories of personal data about you for the purpose of booking engineer visits and performing product repairs.
Please note: If you have given us your consent, you may subsequently withdraw it at any time by contacting us using the details provided in ‘How to contact us’ or unsubscribe from our emails. This will not affect our ability to rely on your consent for any processing which took place on this basis before you withdrew your consent.
Where applicable, we process your personal data for the following purposes to comply with our legal obligations.
- To send you service-related communications which are required by law, or necessary to inform you about updates to the services we provide to you. For example, legally required information relating to your orders, product recall notices, or updates to our privacy notice or terms and conditions.
- To provide you with a warranty for the product you have purchased.
- To provide you with a repair, refund, or replacement of the product you have purchased, for its lack of conformity or in case of latent / hidden defects.
- To verify your age or identity where the law requires us to.
Where applicable, we process your personal data for the following purposes on the basis of our legitimate interests.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions.
- To respond to your queries, product-related requests (including product repairs / replacements, or refund requests), and complaints.
Please note that we may keep a record of your correspondence with us so that we can inform any future communications and demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout the process. We may also use this information to inform our marketing strategy, such as by noting details of customer habits, preferences, and behaviours towards particular products and services.
- To send you requests for feedback and surveys and carry out market research so that we can improve our services and assess customer satisfaction.
- To create a profile of you using information we collect about you (as described in ‘What types of personal data do we collect?’) to help personalise our products and services, and our marketing communications to you.
- To deliver relevant website content to you across our Sites and to measure and understand the effectiveness of the content we serve to you.
- To administer and protect our Sites (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting, and hosting of data).
- To use data analytics to improve our Sites, content, marketing, and user experience.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities.
- To protect or enforce our legal rights, for example defending our company in the case of legal disputes.
Who do we share your personal data with?
International transfers of your personal data
When we share your personal data with our affiliated companies or other companies with whom we contract (as described in ‘Who do we share your personal data with?’), these companies may be located outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the UK or your country of residence, as applicable, in countries with different laws for protecting personal data than the laws in your country of residence. In particular, your personal data may be transferred to our group companies located in Turkey, including Arçelik A.S.
If we transfer your personal data outside the EEA, the UK or your country of residence, as applicable, we will take steps to ensure that your data will receive the same level of protection as if it was being processed within the EEA, the UK or your country of residence, as applicable. For example, we may include standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission in our contracts with third parties or our group companies to ensure there are safeguards in place to protect your personal data. Please contact us using the details in ‘How to contact us’ for more information about the specific measures we have taken.
Please note that Arçelik A.S. may further transfer your personal data to third parties located in countries that do not provide an adequate level of data protection. Such transfers will be carried out in accordance with applicable laws including where applicable, contractual requirements set out in standard contractual clauses.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will only keep your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice and in accordance with applicable laws. This may include satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
How do we keep your personal data secure?
We will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal data against loss, misuse or alteration. Among other measures, we ensure the security of your personal data by means of encryption, password protection and by otherwise restricting access to it.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data as required by law, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to us using unsecured means; any such transmission is at your own risk.
You should also continue to take measures to keep your personal data safe and secure, such as avoiding the use of apparent or predictable user IDs or passwords, changing your passwords with regular intervals, making sure that you have not disclosed your password(s) to anyone else, and that you have not given consent to a third party to have access to your user account and personal data.
What are your rights relating to your personal data?
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data that we process, subject to conditions set out in the applicable laws:
- to request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “subject access request”) and to certain additional information about our processing of your personal data that this privacy notice is designed to address,
- to request the correction of any inaccurate or incomplete personal data,
- to request the erasure of your personal data or the restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- to object to our processing of your personal data;
- to withdraw any consent you have given in writing or unsubscribe from email notifications;
- under certain circumstances to demand data portability;
- to lodge a complaint with the applicable data protection supervisory authority, and
- to contest certain automated decisions we make about you that have legal or otherwise similarly significant consequences. We do not typically carry out such automated decision-making but, if we do, we will make it clear where such decisions are being made.
To exercise your rights, please contact us using the contact details listed in ‘How to contact us’.
Third-party websites and content
Third parties, whose sites you may visit after clicking on a link from the Sites, may have less stringent privacy policies. We do not have control over these policies and urge you to read their privacy statements before providing any personal data to such sites.
Changes to this Privacy notice
This Privacy notice was last updated on 11th June, 2021. We may change and update this privacy notice from time to time. Any changes to our privacy notice will be posted on this page. We will notify you of any material changes or additions to this privacy notice and will provide you with a copy of the amended privacy notice by use of your email address provided to us, or by any other suitable means which ensures that you will be notified of any changes to this privacy notice.
Who we are?
What are cookies?
Types of cookies
Third party cookies
How to manage your cookies?
How to contact us?
Changes to this cookie notice